Few sights are more disgusting than seeing ants crawling over your food. Where did they come from? Why did they choose my house? How can I get rid of them?
Six Brothers Pest Control receives more calls about ants than any other pest. Ants show up at the most inconvenient times. Dinner parties, picnics, and roasting marshmallows by the fire are all excellent places for ants to make their appearance.
Your first reaction is to grab a can of insect spray and give those ants a good blast. Ant bait is another suggestion; however, both of these so-called remedies are not effective, and they are dangerous. Sprays only kill the ants you can see; finding the nest is essential for complete removal. Ant bait is dangerous for pets and curious children.
Six Brothers Pest Control has five tips for keeping ants out of your kitchen.
- Put away all leftovers in air-tight containers. Put those containers in the refrigerator. Don’t leave food on the counters. Keep pet food out only as long as necessary.
- Sweep the kitchen floor after every meal. If something sweet is spilled: soda, fruit juice, or chocolate milk; mop it up immediately. Ants love sweets.
- Keep everything in your pantry in air-tight containers. Don’t leave a bag of potatoes on the floor. If they start to rot, you are guaranteed a visit.
- Sweep out from under appliances. Crumbs collect under and behind refrigerators, ovens, and free-standing cabinets. Clean out from underneath the kitchen sink. If there is leaking plumbing, get it repaired.
- Ants like moisture. Where the kitchen sink is concerned; remove all rotting sponges, newspaper, and dish towels.
If there is a waste-basket wash it, both inside and out. Change the trash bag often. Do the same to the other waste-basket in and around the kitchen.
Other preventive measures include:
- They are checking for fractures in the foundation of your home or building. If cracks exist, they need sealing. The same needs to be done with brickwork, siding, and the roof.
- Move bird feeders away from the house. The hummingbird nectar is sweet, and ants will crawl in trying to get a taste.
- Remove garbage cans and trash dumpsters away from the house. Keep lids tight to deter insect entry.
- Keep laundry off the floor. Don’t let the ants have a place to hide.
Six Brothers Pest Control knows even with the best preventive measures; ants will still invade your location. Our business is to help you get rid of them.
When you call Six Brothers Pest Control, we will come to your home or office at a time that is convenient for you. We will inspect the inside and outside of your home. We will determine the paths they are using to get into your home; and where the nest is inside your home. Once we have a plan of action, we will sit down with the home or business owner and discuss our next steps. We will ease your worries and inform you of what is to be done.
Ants are very organized and corporative within their nests. This is why ants have been around so long. When an ant nest is attacked worker ants will carry the eggs to a safer location and start setting up another nest in a safer area. Six Brothers Pest Control understands eliminating ants is a tall order. We may suggest additional treatments for your home to prevent another infestation.
Six Brothers Pest Control is proud to be considered part of this thriving community. Before anyone gets nervous about insect invasions, call Six Brothers Pest Control and let us stop the ant intrusion.