Stand a Chance.
Fleas in Washington, Utah
Flea control in Washington, UT is an important thing to handle right away. Fleas can infect humans and animals in many ways and may cause bites and bring disease into your home. Having the right flea control company help you out from the beginning is the best way to ensure you can eliminate the fleas and keep you and your loved ones safe. at Six Brothers Pest Control, we are happy to provide you with all of the flea control you need in Washington, UT.
What Attracts Fleas to My Home?
There are a number of things that can attract fleas to your home in Washington, UT and may force you to rely on flea control. Some of these include:
Fleas love to be in warmer climates, which is why you may see them prosper during the summer. They also like body heat. This is why you may find fleas on pets who have lots of furs. They prefer temperatures that are higher than 65 degrees but lower than 95 degrees. If you have a home that is cooler, they may hide in the carpets.
Fleas can also be attracted to carbon dioxide, which humans, who are warm, will produce when they exhale. It can also produce heat as well so the fleas really like it.
Flea eggs like to be in darkness so they are hidden and others can’t find them. Once the fleas do get bigger, they will get out of that and try to find a host to keep them warm.
If you have food sitting around your home, along with some of the other parts we listed above, then it is more likely that fleas will make their way into your home. The fleas definitely want an area where they can eat and get the nutrients that they need. Keeping your home cleaned up is one of the best ways to ensure that you will not have to deal with fleas at all.
Ways to Kill Fleas
There are a few steps that you can take to help eliminate the flies that are in your home without professional help. For these to be effective you need to get them done right away and catch the flies before they become a big infestation. They may or may not work. Some of the options that you can try include:
- Baking soda: This is a great way to get them out of your furniture or carpets. You just need to lay a bit on your furniture and use a brush to rub it in. then vacuum up the home, removing all the contents of the vacuum right away.
- Salt: This is similar to the baking soda idea, though you will need to leave it on the carpets for a few days to be effective.
- Dish soap: This is a great option to help remove all sorts of pests, whether you have fleas or something else. You can make your own flea trap with water and dish soap as well. The fleas will see this and jump in, but the water will be too thick and they won’t be able to get out.
- Lemon spray: Lemon spray is toxic to flies and can make them want to run away. You can slice a lemon and place into some water. Spray it over the area that is infested to keep them away.
- Plants that repel the fleas: It is also possible to use certain plants as flea control when necessary. Some that seem to repel the fleas and keep them away include Penny Royals, Chrysanthemums, spearmint, and lavender. You just need to plant some of these around your home and the fleas will stay away.
Professional Flea Control in Washington, UT
If you have tried some of the other options on our list and there still seems to be a flea infestation in your home, it is time to call in the professionals. They can take a look at your home and see if there are other reasons why the fleas are not leaving you alone while also spraying and finding the best flea control methods for your current problem.
For those who are looking for professional flea control in Washington, UT, check us out at Six Brother’s Pest Control. Our team has all the experience and equipment necessary to help control any flea infestation that gets into your home. No matter how big or small, we promise to eliminate the fleas and get your home back to normal. Contact us today to get started.