Stand a Chance.
Cockraoch Control Orem Utah
One of the most common pests found in almost every corner of the world are cockroaches, and Utah is no different. Nobody wants to live in a house that is filled with cockroaches. But the worst thing about cockroaches is that they can easily get inside your house. They are sneaky and can survive your common removal attempts. So, if you notice cockroaches in the house, it is best to call for professional Pest control help right away.
Signs of a Cockroach Infestation
Cockroaches mostly come out at night because they are nocturnal insects. They prefer living in the dark corners and cabinets. But if you are seeing cockroaches in your house all throughout the day, then it’s probably because you have an infestation at hand. Some of the common places where you can find cockroaches are inside appliances, motors, and kitchen cabinets. You should also look inside stoves, sinks, and behind refrigerators. Since they are small and flat, they can easily fit inside wall cracks, narrow areas, behind wallpapers, and under rubber mats. But if you want to be sure that you have a cockroach infestation in your house, here are some signs that you should look for –
- Cockroach Droppings – If you have a cockroach infestation, the most common spotting will be cockroach droppings here and there. Small-sized roaches usually leave behind droppings that look like black pepper or coffee grounds. On the other hand, larger sized roaches leave behind cylindrical droppings. If you have an infestation, the cockroach droppings will be considerable in amount.
- Cockroach Eggs – The egg cases of cockroaches which are usually oval in shape, are visible in corners around the room or between books. You should check all hidden locations and behind furniture for these eggs.
- Unpleasant Odor – Certain species of cockroaches are known for emitting foul odors. In fact, if the infestation in your house has reached a serious stage, you will find a musty odor or a strong oily smell in your house. Another characteristic feature of an infestation is finding dead cockroach bodies around the house from time to time.
Do Cockroaches Bite?
Cockroaches are known to eat both meat and plants. Thus, they are omnivorous creatures. Cockroaches have been found to consume human flesh off dead bodies and also from living human beings. These bites usually cause swellings, lesions, and irritation. In some extreme cases, there have been minor wound infections because of a bite.
But something that you should keep in mind is that it is not in the nature of cockroaches to bite humans. When the infestation is out of hand, the population of cockroaches in the property exceeds any permissible limit. In such a case, cockroaches might bite you because their food source becomes limited. If the cockroaches are getting enough food from exposed food or garbage cans, then they won’t turn to human flesh and won’t bite you.
That is why you should never let a cockroach infestation go unchecked. As the population keeps growing, the normal food sources for the cockroaches become scarce, and thus, cockroaches are forced to feed on things they normally don’t, for example, you.
Things You Should Know to Control Cockroaches
People usually take a cockroach infestation for granted, and they realize their mistake when the infestation wreaks havoc on their property. But if you want to stay one step ahead of others, here are some things you should know –
- There are several ways in which cockroaches can enter your property. The most common entry points are through drain pipes, sewers, vents, and crevices. You might even accidentally bring them home yourself in your purses, boxes, or grocery bags.
- Cockroaches are one of those pests which find your house as the ideal breeding ground. They get endless nesting sites, water, warmth, and food, and so they do not face any problem in thriving throughout the year unless you call for professional help.
- Another disadvantage of having a cockroach infestation is that their reproduction cycle is short, and thus, they multiply quickly. If you notice even one cockroach on your floor, you have to assume that there are plenty more hiding in the corners and beneath the furniture.
- Cockroaches usually come out at night, so it is difficult to notice them at once. If you see only a couple of cockroaches in the daytime, it means there are many more out there, and these two were only forced out because of overcrowding.
- The cockroach droppings, dead bodies, and cast-off skins are all known to cause allergies and trigger asthma in children or adults who are sensitive.
- It is not easy to find cockroaches, and so, the do-it-yourself approach at controlling their presence is usually ineffective. If you do not have the right materials and professional knowledge, it is already a losing battle. So, don’t hesitate to call pest control.
Hiring our specialists at Six Brothers Pest Control services will give you the upper hand because our staff are specially trained at different pest management approaches. We will provide you the best solution for cockroach control in Orem, Utah. You can easily call us on (801) 406-7707, or you can even write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org