Stand a Chance.
Ant Control Henderson NV
When you have pests get into your home, the most common type is the ant. There are more than 1,000 species that can make their way into your home, going after the food and water that may be left out in there.
There are a number of things that you can do to prevent an ant infestation, but if you already do those and have tried other methods to remove the ants, it may be time to consider hiring our Henderson NV Pest Control professionals to help eliminate the ants and keep your home safe. we can provide some of the best ant control for your needs in Henderson, NV to ensure you can control when ants get into your home.
Types of Ants in Henderson NV
If you have an ant infestation in your home, it is important to know which type is coming in. This will help you figure out the right ant control methods that you can use for your home. This will help you determine the best treatment to get them in. some of the different types of ants include:
- Carpenter ants: These ants will subsist on protein and sugar so they will get into your home to go after all the food. They can tunnel through wood, though they don’t eat it, to lay their nests and this can cause structural damage to the home.
- Odorous house ants: These are common around your home. You may recognize them as the type that will give a bad smell if you crush them. They can build nests in the wall cracks or bricks of your home and this gives them a good place to start for invading your home.
- Pavement ants: These are common in residential settings. They may take up their new residence in floors or in cracks in the wall, but they like to scour your house for food. They are also known for biting.
- Pharaoh ants: This is the top nuisance for all ants. They prefer to eat something sweet when they come into your home, but they will eat anything that is available. They form colonies that have nests and queens so the best way to control this infestation is to make sure it never happens.
- Argentine ants: While this ant is tiny, they can make really large colonies. These ants are aggressive and can take over other ant colonies. When the weather reaches an extreme, they can hurry inside of a home. The best way to keep them out is to prevent the infestation in the first place.
- Fire ants: these are a terrible plague. They bite and it can be really painful. They may come inside to get water and food as soon as they discover a point of entry that is easy to use.
If you are looking for ant control in Henderson, NV, it is important to know the type of ants in your home. This will help the professionals know the right tools to bring and which chemicals are the best for your infestation too.
Tips to Control Ants in Henderson
One of the best ways to not deal with ants is to make sure everything in your home is clean and that the ants are not allowed in the home in the first place. Controlling ants in Henderson, NV is much easier when you can keep all of the spills and crumbs cleaned up and you block all ants from getting in. While you do not need to keep your home immaculate all the time, some basic cleaning and home organization tips can help to keep the ants away. Some tips that will keep the ants away include:
Wipe Up any Spills and Crumbs
Ants often start showing up in your home on the countertops and floors. They show up because spills and crumbs are left behind. Make it your habit to sweep up crumbs and wipe up spills right away so they do not attract ants to your home.
Leave food in sealed containers
If you leave any food opened, it could allow an ant to come in. Place in a sealed container or use a clothespin to help keep it all sealed up. Anything that is sticky should be placed inside the fridge once you open them up.
Get the garbage out of the house
Do not let your garbage get too full or leave it too long in the home in Henderson, NV. Have an outdoor composter to get rid of the scraps of food and take the trash out as often as possible so it does not attract ants.
Keep pet dishes clean
The food and water bowl for your pet can be an easy place to attract ants. Make sure that you only give your pet the exact amount of food they will eat right away and store any extra left behind in a bag to use later. Wet food should be disposed of when your dog is done. You should also clean out the water bowl so water does not accumulate there.
Seal up the holes and cracks in your home
Silicone caulk is great for this one. You can just look at a tutorial on YouTube to help with this and then look around the home for cracks and holes. Then use the caulk to seal them up.
Fix gaps in door and window screens
While fixing the cracks in your home, it is time to repair the gaps or holes in your doors and windows. This may be a good time to fix the screen to make sure it will not let anything into your home.
Fix the weather stripping
Your windows and doors are an easy entry area for any ants or other pests who want to get into your home. You should make it a habit to inspect the windows and doors and then replace any weather stripping that is damaged and loose. This is an easy way to keep the ants out.
Keep branches and shrubberies away from the home
If you have a large tree, consider calling in a professional to help. But if it is a small bush, you can do the trimming on your own. This will be a quick and efficient way to keep your ant problem down to a minimum.
After trying some of these methods, if you still find there are a lot of ants getting into your home, it may be time to call in the professionals. Ant control is one of the best choices you can make when it comes to an ant infestation in Henderson, NV. They can help determine the cause of your ant problem and will make it easier to get rid of these pests quickly.
Do I need to Hire a Professional?
Do I Need to Hire a Professional?
While there are a few things that you can do for ant control in your home, in some situations, it is best to call in the ant control professionals in Henderson, NV. These professionals have the right tools to handle the ants and will keep them out of your home. Some of the ways that ant control professionals can help you include:
- Determine the type of ant that is causing problems in your home.
- Determine how the ants are getting in.
- Close up any cracks or openings in your home to keep the ants out.
- Perform the right treatment for the specific ants you have.
- Come back for follow up treatments until the ants are all gone.
If you have an ant infestation in your home and you have tried all of the tips above, then it is time to call in the professionals in Henderson, NV. At Six Brothers Pest Control, we have all tools and experience you need to ensure the ants are exterminated and won’t come back. Contact us today to get started.