Stand a Chance.
Ant Control Boise Idaho
At Six Brothers Pest Control Services, we take our role very seriously. We understand how problematic an infestation can be, and so we try our best to provide speedy solutions to your situation. We offer tailor-made solutions for ant control in Boise, Idaho. If you see any type of ants on your property, it is of utmost importance that you take the necessary steps as soon as you can before the problem goes entirely out of hand. All information mentioned here should enrich your knowledge about ants and how to detect an infestation.
Signs of an Ant Infestation
If you see a few ants here and there in your house, they might not be problematic until and unless they have formed a colony. So, it is better to be careful than to regret it later. Here are some common signs that you should be cautious of –
- The most common sign of an ant colony living in your walls or somewhere in your kitchen is food being overrun by ants if accidentally left uncovered. Experts always advise that you don’t leave your food unattended and uncovered on tabletops or kitchen counters. But sometimes, if you forget by accident and you come to the kitchen after a while only to find your food overrun by ants, then it is a surefire sign that your house is crawling with ants. You need to call for professional help right away!
- Sometimes, you might even notice the whole colony. Ants usually have this habit where they travel in a line somewhere to find food or bring back food to their home. Ants might even be living in your yard. Take a walk around your house from time to time. If you notice many ants in one place, there are much more of them beneath the surface.
- If you have an infestation of carpenter ants, the first thing they will attack is your wooden furniture. These ants love to nest inside any woodwork object. When they make their burrows, they leave wood shavings behind, and this is how you spot these ants. Whenever you are cleaning your house, pay careful attention to such things, and if you notice wood shavings in strange places, it is because of a carpenter ants problem. But you need to understand that, unlike termites, these ants will not eat the wood. They will simply gnaw the food with their teeth and destroy everything that comes their way.
- Another common sign of a carpenter ant infestation is noises from walls. These ants become way more active as night sets in. So, you should place your ear on the wall and look for any rustling noises. When the carpenter ants make their nests inside your walls, they make these noises. You can also check for ants inside walls by knocking on them and checking if they are hollow from the inside. You will know that it has been invaded by carpenter ants if the wall was previously solid, but now it sounds hollow.
- Lastly, out of all the areas in your house, carpenter ants prefer damp and moist areas. So, they nest in your kitchen and around the bathroom walls. These are some places you should check. Also, if you have any cracks around outdoor pipes or maybe a faulty faucet, you should take a look there as well. If you have rotting firewood in your home, remove it right now because these are some common places these ants love.
Preventive Tips for Ants
As the winter ends and the temperatures start coming back to the warmer side, you will have more ant problems, but there are some preventive measures that you can take, and we will discuss them here –
- The first thing to do is check all the probable access points of the ants. Find as many as you can – remember that they can enter your home through even the tiniest of cracks. Then, your task is to block off these access points. Check around the utility pipes to see if you find any crevices. Use a silicone-based caulk to make the seal; otherwise, they will find their way in. Another way you can stop their access into your homes is to trim off any plants or trees near your house and provide direct access to your walls. Sometimes when the branches and leaves are too long, they touch your walls, and the ants can simply walk in. But trimming the leaves from time to time would keep this problem at bay.
- If you have a basement in your house, the chances are it will have some damp corners. Ants especially love such corners, and thus, you need to use a dehumidifier in your basement. The same goes for attics and crawl spaces. If any piping or sinks of your house are leaking, get them fixed at once; otherwise, they will lead to dampness, and the more the moisture content, the higher the chances of an ant infestation.
- Ensure that you clean your kitchen every day. Sometimes we do not get enough time to clean the entire house daily. But make it a promise to yourself that you will clean your kitchen after every cooking session. This will ensure that no food particles are lying around as an open invitation to ants and other pests.
Six Brothers Pest Control Services value your privacy, and thus, we are very discreet. Once you let us know about your problem, we will arrive at the location and do a thorough evaluation of the extent of your problem, and then, we will suggest what is best for you. We do not use any toxic products or chemicals. Our experts will walk you through the entire process that will be followed so that you are up-to-date with everthing. In situations where you have an urgency to deal with the problem, we also offer special same-day solutions. We always give you priority so that all your needs and requirements are taken care of. If you want to avail of our services, you can directly give us a call on (208) 801-7378, or you can even write to us at email@example.com